Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kolumbus KaTemas ReporT

From: nrc@bsbbs.oh.us
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 10:38:22 EDT
Subject: Kolumbus KaTemas ReporT
To: att!uunet.uu.net!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Missy and I would like to thank everyone who helped make our
first Katemas Kookout and Party a success.  We had a great time
and by all accounts everyone else did, too.

KaTe evidently smiled on our efforts because after an entire
month of record rainfall the clouds parted and we enjoyed
incredibly beautiful weather for the holiday weekend.  (I
suspect that this month long inundation was a result of my
efforts to build a shed in the back yard.  Evidently the
structure of this shed created some kind of cloudbuster effect.
It began triggering thunderstorms as soon as the framing was up,
stretching a one week job out over an entire month).

Missy did a wonderful job of decorating the house in the holiday
spirit as I scrambled to clean up the yard that had been
neglected for nearly a month while every moment of dry weather
was spent working on The Shed.  Every wall in downstairs living
room was covered with Kate posters and the giant KT flag that
Missy made to duplicate the one in The Big Sky video.  All of
our Kate paraphernalia was laid out for all to see.  Videos and
laser discs were at ready

Ivy table cloths covered the tables in the kitchen and sun room
and an arrangement of white roses and ivy decorated the kitchen.
 A bowl of Kit Kat bars was available for anyone who cared to
indulge.

Love-Hounds began arriving right on schedule and we finally got
to put faces with a few more net.names.  Bill Barwick and Jeff
Tucker (from Akron) we had met before, Mike Lloyd and Jim Fenos
are longtime friends, but we met Andrew Russ (from Athens),
Stuart and Katrina Castergine, Laurie Colson and Jim (whose last
name I forget, sorry) for the first time.  Unfortunately, David
Markfield and his friend Dallice had to cancel at the last
minute.  Maybe next time!

It didn't take long before everyone was chatting away, watching
Kate video and seeking the answers to the deepest mysteries of
Kate fandom (just when will the next album be out, why on earth
would she let Del touch the equipment and did she ever find that
other ear ring, for instance).  I made the rather irritating
discovery that our relatively new tape of _The Single File_
video is already suffering dropouts on the hi-fi soundtrack,
another good reason to continue the never ending quest for the
laser disc.

Missy and Katrina cooked up delicious batch of burgers and brats
with the odd bit of chicken fillet thrown in.  Along with
goodies that folks brought along and various munchies we had
plenty to eat.  We ate and talked in the sun room, enjoying good
weather, good food and good company, just like in the beer
commercials.

In fact, we may have talked for a bit too long because by the
time we got back to the videos we were only able get some of the
old TV footage in before some folks had to leave.  By the time
the official homemade ice cream of Katemas 1992 was done
cranking there were only a few of us left to enjoy it.  It may
be just as well because the result was incredibly rich and will
probably cling to our arterial walls for years to come.

After a run through the promo videos everything wound to a close
as we tried to get Andrew to take along as many of the left over
Kit Kats as possible.  We certainly don't need them around!

It seems a good time was had by all but several folks lamented
that we hadn't gotten to more of the videos.  Hopefully we'll be
able to remedy that soon with a get together to watch some more.
Thanks to everyone who came.  We hope to see you all again soon!

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US