Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas/Orgonon

From: KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 92 13:10 EST
Subject: Katemas/Orgonon
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I had a great time at the Katemas party in Boston.  The HT Bush
band did a terrific job of covering Kate and Happy Rhodes songs,
and played: "Ne T'enfuis Pas", "Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms",
"My Lagan Love", "Poetic Justice" (the Happy Rhodes song), and
"Running Up that Hill".  It was also fun to visit Orgonon.  The
tour guide was pretty neutral in his comments about Reich until
I mentioned that his ideas reminded me of medieval medicine
(i.e., that diseases are caused by an inbalance of humours;
Reich believed that certain (all?) diseases could be cured
by an infusion of "Orgonon Energy").  At that point he said
that Reich "wasn't a very good scientist, but was a good
observationalist".  I also found out that this inbalance is
supposed to be the way the Cloudbuster works; it makes rain
by drawing "Orgonon Energy" out of the atmosphere.  Reich also
believed that living matter could arise spontaneously out of
dead matter, and the tour guide mentioned he "had a hard time
with that one" (the tour guide was also a high school science
teacher).  The area around the Reich museum is beautiful, with
several lakes nearby.  A nice place to go camping!

Cheers,
Bob