Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Short Happy burst

From: Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 92 2:09:18 EDT
Subject: Short Happy burst
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Sorry about the 2 different excerpts of the Happy FAQ being posted.
My heartiest apologies to the mailing list folks, because I would hate
to see another flame war start about the amount of space Happy talk is
taking up. We do want to answer questions brought up about Happy, but
don't want to cause any trouble while doing it. Even though I edited
the FAQ I sent, I shouldn't have sent it at all. I *BEG* patience from
those not interested in Happy. The last war was harder on my psyche
than I realized at the time, and it caused enourmous damage. I'm sure
that I said this before, but I'll say it again. New people coming in
and asking questions such as "What is gaffa?" and "Who is Happy Rhodes?"
have no frame of reference regarding the background of the trouble such
questions have caused. It's not their fault and they should be treated
with patience and courtesy.

In the future there will be many, many more inquiries about Happy in
these pages. They will not be ignored, but further inquiries will be
directed to Ecto. I promise never to post an FAQ again, and I hope those
not interested in Happy, or who still have bad tastes in their mouths
from the last wars, will allow these posters some leeway and not project
your own frustration onto these innocent posters.

Vickie

ps, Tara, no problem!