Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas dates

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 5-AUG-1992 22:05:22.54
Subject: KaTemas dates
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Andrew notes:

>AugusT 1 is Lammas Day, The TradiTional English harvesT fesTival, when
>bread baKed from the season's firsT grain is KonseKraTed.
>
>so be sure To marK The KaTemas daTe on your sTone cirKles.  :-)

Um, sorry to burst your bubble, but KaTemas (Traditional) is July 30.  KaTemas
(Observed) this year was on August 1, and although for many it was a religious
experience, the real one was two days previous. (They'll be putting it on
Mondays in the US next... :)

Just wanted to make sure you were clear on that.
|			Meredith A. Tarr                        |
|	"I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind        |
|	 Got my paper, and I was free"    - Indigo Girls        |
|		    mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu                    |