Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting machines and strange words

From: "Tim.Harris" <tharris@computing-department.poly-south-west.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 08:55:59 BST
Subject: Cloudbusting machines and strange words
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> 	After seeing this post (I thought that Orgonon was in Britain
> somewhere) I gather it is in America near Boston.  Why is it (and Reich) so
> special?  Does the somg have to do with something that actually happened in the
> real world?  Was there actually someone that built a Cloudbusting machine?

Isn't Cloudbusting based on a book by someone? I seem to remember it was called
something like The Book of Dreams which is about someone who built a
cloudbusting machine (if I remember rightly, it is a novel, not a story about
an actual event - I'll have to try to get it from the library someday). She
apparently bought the book on impulse because it had a good cover.

Also on the subject of the Hounds of Love album - appologies if this has
already been answered, but it is hard to access the archives from here - does
anyone know what the non-Englist words said at the end of one of the songs
are? I can't off-hand remember which song - it could well be Hello Earth.
Someone thinks one of the words is German for 'light'.

Thanks,

Tim Harris