Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

for kate bush, on your 34th birthday / Marek

From: marek@msel.unh.edu (Marek Lugowski)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 15:47:25 -0700
Subject: for kate bush, on your 34th birthday / Marek
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Keywords: values found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Keywords: . ^-illegal word in phrase
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@unh.edu (USENET News System)

		for kate bush, on your 34th birthday

		today, on your birthday, without knowing it
		we feasted for you -- in the warm room.

		it was a way to say goodbye -- in the sensual world.
		every time it rains, you're here in my head.

		today, you are thirty four -- my lionheart
		and i have lost you so many times now
		like an arrow shot into the killer storm.

		out in the garden there's half of a heaven.
		not a soul on the ice.

		across the weather, across the elements,
		across the water
		all we ever look for -- a great big hug.

			Marek Lugowski
			Cincinnati, Ohio