Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ALbum rumours, GAFFA, Symphony in Yellow, Kate-like quotes

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 19:18:39 PDT
Subject: ALbum rumours, GAFFA, Symphony in Yellow, Kate-like quotes

        A tantelizing rumour Chris, about Kate's album being listed for
"July" at Our Price (did it give a year? :-)).  Hopefully this is a good
sign.  Perhaps this explains Lisa Anderson hearing that the album is
"already out".  Perhaps Lisa your friend saw this listing and assumed it
was out already?  It's hard to believe that the album is out, or could be
coming out next month without us knowing.  We'd REALLY have something to
celebrate at Katemas then!!!!  Hard to believe an Kate album could come
out BEFORE it is expected!! :-)

        Dave Miller - I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but this
group is dedicated to Kate Bush and "Gaffa" comes from her song
"Suspended in Gaffa" where "Gaffa" is partially a reference to Gaffer's
tape.  What's a "Gaffa artist", is this also a reference to gaffer's
tape?

        Thanks to Lionheart for the "Symphony in Yellow" revelation and
the Kate-like quote from Oscar Wilde.

        Here are some other "Kate-like" quotes from days of Love-Hounds
past: