Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

REGIONAL CONCERT PROMOTERS

From: TREADWAY@MPS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1992 16:04:00 -0700
Subject: REGIONAL CONCERT PROMOTERS

From: treadway@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa,rec.music.industrial,rec.music.misc
Date: 29 Jun 92 19:03:37 EDT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

			REGIONAL CONCERT PROMOTERS

Hi, we are volunteers with the Ohio State University Student Events Committee,
the Wexner Center Student Association and a few other groups.  We would like to
expand beyond the immediate region when scheduling concerts - a type of non-
profit regional concert promotion (Note: "regional" is used just to stress
that this is not aimed at major acts, but we wouldn't refuse any such inquiries
either!).

Using news groups and e-mail to organize such events seems like an inexpensive
and novel, yet dependable and practical, method:  No enormous long distance
phone bills, no endless games of "telephone-tag", and easily written, stored,
printed and replicated documentation.  Ideally, we would set-up a network of
sites within a day's drive of each other.  Unfortunately, we know that not many
artists are actually going to read and respond to such a request, so...  We're
asking for electronic representatives who are interested in finding out more
about their regional music scene to help with this project.  If this doesn't
sound like you, maybe it's someone you know.

				 			* ALTERNATIVE *
Have fun, Joel and Todd					M  /\   |\  /|M
Alternative Media Alternative Music			U /__\  | \/ |E
treadway@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu			S/ /\ \ |\  /|D
tsines@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu			I /__\  | \/ |I
							* ALTERNATIVE *