Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori-in-a-box (& Kate-snarfing)

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1992 02:21:32 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori-in-a-box (& Kate-snarfing)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <12jebmINNq9q@rodan.UU.NET> MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:
>Derek wonders:
>
>}Apologies if this has been noticed before but anyone else notice that Tori
>Amos
>}poses in a wooden box on her album cover not unlike another album cover we all
>}know.  Copycat?  Flattery?  Coincidence?  Anyone know or like to hazard a
>guess?
>
>Tori, when asked, has said that the resemblance of her album cover to that
>on the American pressing of TKI is pure coincidence.  She said that the liner
>notes
>have to do with perspective: thus the disproportionate blocks of lyrics on the
>pages, and herself crouched in a box over a tiny toy piano.
>
>This is only an American coincidence, as the European cover of TKI is much
>different, and has nothing to do with Kate in a box.

She also said that someone else designed the cover, so it's still
possible that the person who did, did it on purpose. Plus, we don't
know if that unknown person is American or not.

It's not settled in my mind.

>Valerie notices:
>
>}anyone noticed how much kate's moaning during burning bridge sounds like pat
>on
>}sarurday night live?  perhaps we have an inspiration for pat's sounds here!  i
>}can't listen to that song without squirming anymore...
>
>Thank you SO much, Val.  Guess what song was on the player as I read that???
>Guess how much iced tea I snarfed all over my keyboard???  Guess what song is
>now ruined for me forever???

I'd hate it if this happened to me (the ruined song part, though ice tea
in the keyboard is pretty horrific too...)
Thank goodness I've never seen or heard this Pat person in action. Another
good reason to stay as far away as possible from Saturday Night Live.

Thanks!