Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reworking the clouds

From: manderso@mprgate.mpr.ca (Mark Anderson)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1992 00:18:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Reworking the clouds
To: Love-Hounds@ims.alaska.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

FJ!! writes:
>It was a music video by a band called 'the Utah Saints' with
>a song called "Something Good.' The main hook was a sample from the
>Godess' 'Cloudbusting' "I just know that something good is going to
>happen" and it was layered with all kinds of bass and guitars and a
>funky rythm.

This song has been getting some airplay here in the last few weeks,
but I haven't seen the video.  Utah Saints had a popular dance single
last year "What Can You Do For Me" with a sample of Annie Lennox
from the Eurythmics' "There Must Be an Angel".  (Utah Saints are based
in Leeds and are on ffrr records I think.)

>By the way, can anybody tell me who is listed as the director for
>'Wuthering Heights,' the video with the white dress and the
>cartwheels?

On the cover of my copy of "The Single File", all the videos of songs
from the first 3 albums (including Wuthering Heights) are credited:

	Directed by Keef
	A Keefco Production

Who's Keef?