Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori about Kate

From: Dirk Kastens <DKASTENS%DOSUNI1.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 11:34:29 -0700
Subject: Tori about Kate
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Tori said in an interview in the June-issue of the German KEYBOARDS
magazine:

Tori: "It doesn't depend on how many chords you can place in a song, but
       on what you create out of every single chord. One of the best
       songs of this kind that I've heard during the last years and that
       has absolutely no example is 'Running Up That Hill'."

Keyb: "Many critics did compare you to Kate Bush."

Tori: "Yes, but I think that is nothing to do with my songs but with
       my singing. They hear these high tones and remember Kate Bush."

Keyb: "But the conceptions of your songs are completely different."

Tori: "Yes, she works with different structures. But her songs are very
       original and that is what matters."

-- Dirk <dkastens@dosuni1.rz.uni-osnabrueck.de>
+  Children laugh, children cry
+  They're the ones who will survive
+  Will they know what we've sold
+  Nature's gift we've turned for gold     --     Toni Childs