Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Requests for Tori

From: eirikur@ranger.enet.dec.com (Eirikur Hallgrimsson)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1992 20:54:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Requests for Tori
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@nntpd.lkg.dec.com (USENET News System)

In article <66595@apple.Apple.COM>, s.telford@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford) writes...
>At her Edinburgh gig, somebody asked her to sing "Girl" (the only one
>on the album she didn't), but she explained that she never could learn
>how to play it - the recording on LE was a strictly one-off
>performance - she said something about her boyfriend going away and
>leaving the tape running without telling her, and she just came up
>with it.

I'd like to believe that, but "Girl" uses this nifty trick of doubling-back.
It's hard to sing a round with yourself live.

But then, my biggest complaint about LE is the backup singers.  Scratch 'em.
Give Tori another track.

Eirikur Hallgrimsson   | "I know a cat named Easter and he says 'Will you never
eh@ranger.enet.dec.com |  learn?  You're just an empty cage, girl, if you kill
PATHWORKS for Macintosh|  the bird.'"