Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Back to the rudiments!

From: goldberg%taurus.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 18:57:00 -0700
Subject: Re: Back to the rudiments!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Love-Hounds)
Comments: If you have trouble reaching this host as math.tau.ac.il Please use the old address: user@taurus.bitnet

Hello everybody!

The Kate vs. Tory thing must stop!
The subject feels like a gum that's been chewed constantly for
three days!
I think that Tory is a very good singer, and it would do her and
Kate only good if those constant comparisons would stop.
This thing crossed the line with Stephen's mail:

> She can't sing for toffee and her lyrics are aimless and
> depressing.  She is a cheap American imitation and an insult to
> the genius of Kate Bush.
>
> I'm inclined to believe that she's only so popular in America
> because she's American.  Hey just an opinion of mine! ;-)
Well, at least you added this :-)
I only hope there are some people who agree with me.

> It was a delight to discover the gaffa newsgroup!  It provided
> such colour and flavour to an otherwise dull day at the terminal,
> in fact it became the centre of the morning logging in ritual.

In this I feel the same, Stephen.

| Uri Goldberg                  | "I cook better than I cook, if you know what |
| goldberg@libra.math.tau.ac.il |  I mean" The Hobbit / J.R.R Tolkien.         |