Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Youth Hostels

From: Dombkins Graham GR <"dombkins graham gr"@ITMEL.BHP.bhpmel02.telememo.au>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1992 22:35:04 -0700
Subject: Kate and Youth Hostels
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Receipt Notification Requested Non Receipt Notification Requested)
X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)
X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=BHPMEL02/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/;m\bhp\920512183504c]
X400-Originator: "dombkins graham gr"@ITMEL.BHP.bhpmel02.telememo.au
X400-Received: by mta clix.aarnet.edu.au in /PRMD=OZ.AU/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Tue, 12 May 1992 18:43:36 +0000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=OZ.AU/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Tue, 12 May 1992 18:43:25 +0000
X400-Received: by /ADMD=telememo/C=au/; Relayed; Tue, 12 May 1992 18:41:00 +0000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=BHPMEL02/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Wed, 13 May 1992 05:35:04 +0000
X400-Recipients: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hmmm, strange title...

Any way... Hi all,

    About 4 months back I re-joined Australian Youth Hostels and at the time it
got me thinking about my trip to England and the KonveTion. So I wrote a letter
with my re-subscription saying something like how much I enjoyed my trip went to
the Konvention and just generally had a great time. Well next thing I know my
letter got published in the National YH journel under the title "YHA helps me
meet Kate Bush". I thought that was pretty nice BUT now things have turned out
even better because since then a number of people who read the mag have written
to me saying how they are KT fans and want me to tell them all about it. I've
gotten a number in touch with KBC, HomeGround and DreamTime but none yet have
made it onto Gaffa. Has anyone else had the same kind of thing happen to them??

    Moving on to Tori Amos things... I just got my hands on the Winter casset
single. I was trying for the cd5 BUT all the local dealer could find was this
thing. It came in a plain brown box with her picture from the CD cover lacquered
onto the top. Within it was FULL of crushed stirafoam (to look like snow) On top
was a snowman christmas tree decoration, under that was the Winter casset
single, under that was a free pass to the "Earth Exchange" a museam in Sydney
and on the bottom was the Little Earthquakes casset. cost me about Aus$20.

- Graham