Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re- Kate's Chords

From: Tim O'Connor <toc@instance.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1992 12:41:19 -0700
Subject: re- Kate's Chords
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@wiretap.SPIES.com>

REGARDING                re: Kate's Chords
Actually, I quite like Kate's voice the way it is.  Now, I come a long way
with Kate, having first heard her on Saturday Night Live and being quite
enthralled by her voice.  But when I finally managed to obtain a copy of TKI
I found myself wishing for more of those few seconds when her voice dipped
into the lower registers.  A few more albums and I I got my wish.

Happy camper, me!

Disuse, age, smoke, or just artistic desire notwithstanding (didn't she once
say something to the effect of wanting to push her voice higher when she was
young because it was something of a game?) I welcome the voice she has now.

Besides, for me at least, Kate is so much more than just a voice.  When I
want a voice I'll put on Bonnie Raitt, or Van Morrison,  or Janis Joplin, or
even Nat King Cole...

with happy feet,
to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered liberally about."