Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@thunder.McRCIM.McGill.EDU
Date: Sat, 2 May 1992 22:02:15 -0700
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: wongb@beetle.EE.McGill.CA (Berton Wong)
Subject: Loreena McKennitt
Sender: news@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
Date: Sun, 3 May 92 05:02:12 GMT

Loreena McKennitt's albums are:

Elemental
Songs to Drive the Cold Winter Away
Parallel Dreams
The Visit

I only have _The_Visit_ so I haven't heard her previous albums.

They are available directly from her at:
Quinlan Road Ltd. Box 933, Stratford, Ont., Can. N5A 7M3.
You can send a 4"x9" SASE to the address for more information.

All of them should be available in the stores everywhere since she has a
distribution deal with Warner Music. I'm sure Warner is happy with the deal.
_The_Visit_ has gone platinum in Canada with little promotion (and no videos).

I really like _The_Visit_. It's her beautiful voice and the lavish instrumen-
tation that draws me to this album.

In addition to original songs, she has set the words of Tennyson's "The Lady
of Shalott" and Shakespeare's "Cymbeline" to music. She also performes a few
traditional songs.

Recently, there was a short discussion about her on rec.music.folk. If anyone
is interested, I have about 17K of postings from there.

Berton Wong
wongb@ee470.ee.mcgill.ca