Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oleta Adams etc.

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 11:30:11 -0700
Subject: Oleta Adams etc.
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

To: v129j6ed@ubvms ("The KateFan(tm))" - your sig. quote about Rush and
Kate Bush fans is hilarious! I consider myself as a member of both groups
(which, I guess, makes me a Brush Fan - Hmm...). Who is Richard Darwin, though?

   To the poster who asked about Oleta Adams (Sorry, lost your posting), I
understand that she is B British and has been around for a while, doing  a lot
of session and backup vocal work. The Tears for Fears guys found her playing
clubs in the states and used her to add some (so they figured) much-needed soul
to the Seeds of Love Album, and I think Curt helped her get a record deal
to record the Circle of One album. Isn't her voice magnificent? As far as I
know, the only recordings she has out are the aforementioned albums and
the track from the Two Rooms CD. I heard recently, however, that she is
recording a new album slated for release at the end of the year. As Tears
for Fears are no more, I'm not sure if Curt Smith/Roland Orzabal have any
involvement, although I wouldn't be surprised.

Lastly, could anybody give me info on Loreena McKennit?

-saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu
 (Saurav Misra)

"AARGHGROANGRUNTHEAVEGROWLRUMBLE" - Godflesh, on any given song