Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori in NYC

From: Michael Bowman <mbowman@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1992 12:28:41 -0700
Subject: Tori in NYC
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Well, I went to Tori Amos' concert in NYC last night.

She was stunning!  I thought that her voice was a bit rough on the first 2
songs but once she warmed up it was astounding.  She played a grand piano (or
maybe it was a baby grand) and used a microphone (turned up a little loud, I
thought).

The house was packed, with 2-3 dozen people standing since there were no more
seats.

She played 12 or 13 songs, 8 from the album & 4 covers.  She introduced 4 or
5 songs otherwise she went straight from one to the other.  The crowd was
very enthusiastic.

A note:  the entire performance was filmed for ABC's In Concert.  I don't
know when it will air.

It's definitely worth going to see her perform, I liked the songs better live
than on the album, the piano only arrangement worked quite well.

Michael Bowman