Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1992 04:47:09 -0800
Subject: Re: (none)
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

|>oug said:

>>Kate's performance at the Hammersmith (as well as all of the other
>>performances in this tour) were absolutely, positively done live --
>>not lip-synched!  On her E.P. there was definitely some touch-up of
>>the recording in the studio and probably some in the concert video
>>too.  Most of the instruments were played live in the concerts, but
>>there is definitely some stuff on tape (whale singing, for instance,
>>and the vocals for "Hammer Horror").

>I am reluctant to get into this discussion, however i feel i should.

You should have followed your first reaction and not bothered replying.

>I have the hammersmith video and have watched it since this
>see that she IS NOT singing hammer horror.

In every message that's been posted on this subject, everyone has said "KaTe
is singing everthing live EXCEPT 'Hammer Horror' which was taped so that
she could handle the complex choreography."  |>oug said, "there is definitely
some stuff on tape...[including]...the vocals for 'Hammer Horror'."

>if you don't believe
>what i have said just watch the video or pick up the book.
>i hope this ends this thread.

Gack.  There's no question of anybody believing you; everybody else has
already pointed this out.  The big question that's kept this thread going
is whether KaTe is lip synching any of the _other_ songs.  Personally, I
don't think she is, but that's hardly a definitive answer.

Jeff