Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

enya and etheral-female-vocalist newsgroup under discussion...

From: sequent!PDaXcess.techbook.com!embeach@uunet.UU.NET (Elana Mell Beach)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1992 17:29:08 -0800
Subject: enya and etheral-female-vocalist newsgroup under discussion...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Greetings all!
..plus a nod and a smile to one who is responsible for keeping my love
of Kate alive, and is occasionally seen on gaffa.  He knows who he is...
Gutentag, Freund!!!!

I am not a regular reader here, so if this has already been discussed
here, I apologize for the repeat.  Anyway, I know that other cool female
vocalists besides the Great Kate ;-) are discussed here, so you may be
interested in this news.  I stuck my nose into wreck.mu-  uh, I mean
rec.music.newage to see what happens there and a bunch of enya fans were
taking over.  Which means, of course the non-enya crowd was not happy
about it.  Now the whole newsgroup is discussing the possible formation
of a newsgroup entirely devoted to Enya and other etherial female
vocalists such as Sarah McLaughlin, Cocteau Twins, et.al.  You might want
to look into it and see how that discussion is going, if you  re
interested...

As for me, my "home" is in the world of instrumental electronic music,
i.e. Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach, Vangelis etc.  But I'll never give up
my love of Kate, just so long as I have a cool friend on gaffa to help
me!
B-)
with love,
Elana Mell Beach