Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News <news@larry.rice.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1992 14:41:43 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncar.ucar.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: MHIRS00@ricevm1.rice.edu (Hirsh, Marc Bennett)
Subject: Reposted reposted reposted article
Sender: news@rice.edu (News)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1992 22:37:17 GMT

I've stopped counting the number of times that I've tried to post this article.

You know, the name of this newsgroup is slightly misleading in the sense that
it is difficult to tell what is discussed here, so many people (including
myself) may just skip over it, thinking it's something that they don't know
about and, therefore, don't care about. But I found it somehow, so what do I
care? As a new reader of this group, I have a few questions that may be FAQs,
but I'm asking anyway:

  1) I know Kate doesn't tour, but does she ever do live performances (like
one-night shows or benefit concerts in which performers only do one or two
numbers, things like that)? In Musician magazine a year or two back, they had
an article on her, and there was a picture that looked like she was standing on
a stage, singing to an audience (Dave Gilmour was in the picture too, but
everything else was black, so it was just the two of them, nothing else in this
photo). She had a microphone, and it looked like a live performance to me, but
in the same article, she said that she hates touring because she's too
exhausted after recording. So what's the story?

  2) I never knew about the hidden `KT' on album covers. I found it on my CD
copy of "The Dreaming" (the first CD I ever bought, and one of the best), but
"The Sensual World" is at home, so I can't check that one, and "Hounds of Love"
and "The Kick Inside" are cassettes, so everything is condensed. Is the `KT'
big enough to find on the cassettes, or should I look at a friend's CDs to look
for them? Also, is this on any of her videos or singles (esp. "Aspects of the
Sensual World," a great investment for anybody who doesn't already have it), or
is it just on albums? I don't want to know where the symbol is, I just need to
know if I would be wasting my time looking on my cassettes and singles.

  3) Has anybody ever taken a poll to find out what the gender distribution of
this group is? Kate Bush usually is viewed as a "women's" artist (hell, I only
started listening because of my sister), but I think that she's just too
brilliant to be ignored by anybody, regardless of sex. Is this a sexist
question for me to ask? I don't think so.

  4) WHY IS KATE BUSH SO DAMN GORGEOUS!?

Del Palmer, you are a lucky man.

Marc Hirsh

"Last night Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me if I
  didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain."
     ---snappy end-of-file sign-off quote from Back to the Future, which I had
           to watch 3 times on Friday for reasons that are too complicated to
           explain here

\ /
 ^  ---ugly red source of all evil, who's probably to blame