Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is it live?????

From: UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1992 19:25:44 -0800
Subject: Is it live?????
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Greetings,

    I too have been wondering about just what was live and
what was synched on the tour of life performances. It does seem
unlikely that a lip-synched tour would have so many bootlegs
stemming from it. Is anyone willing to compare the Hammersmith
concert to an audience tape or bootleg to help us with this
dilemma?? (I would do it myself, except that the only 79 tour
recording I own is Hammersmith!!). Although I haven't compared
them closely, the cuts from the STAGE EP sound somewhat different
to me than the same ones from HAMMERSMITH...although this may be
just differences in the respective mixdowns.

	I picked up "Little Earthquakes" the other day. I agree with
all the raves that it has received on this list, as it is an
excellent album. Actually, Tori Amos' music brings to my mind
kind of a cross between Kate Bush, early Elton John, early Joni
Mitchell, and that all important element of originality. Highly
recommended to the 1 or 2 people reading this who haven't bought
it yet...

Paul (uk04160@ukpr.uky.edu)