Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff, cruft, and fluff

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1992 21:54:17 -0800
Subject: Stuff, cruft, and fluff
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Scott asks if the IED quote I quotes was a real quote.  It was.

        Did anybody get that "Kate-talk" thing working?  If so, would
someone write me a paragraph about what it is and what is needed to use it,
so I can add it to the monthly FAQ.

        BI-MONTHLY PLEA: If anyone has masses of rare, old Kate Bush
interviews, let me know and I'll send you the list of what is still needed
for Cloudbusting and THE GARDEN.

        QUESTION: What would the current Presidential candidates say if
asked "Do you listen to Kate Bush?"

        BROWN: Oh, yes!  Ever since I broke up with Linda Ronstat.
        TSONGAS: Not if she's related to George.
        CLINTON: We're only friends.
        BUCHANON: I listen American.
        BUSH: I'll have to check with the PMRC.
        QUAYLE: Yes, I take her advice, but utimately I make up my own mind.

        Marc Hirsh asks a few questions.  1) About the photo of Kate singing
with Dave Gilmour, it's from the Secret Policeman's Third Ball on the 28th
of March 1987.  On the 28th of June of the same year she sang Don't Give Up
with Peter Gabriel at his Earl's Court (in London) show.  This was her last
concert performance.  Her last television appearance was on the Wogan show a
few months back doing "Rocket Man".
        2) I'm not sure if the KT symbols are visable on the cassettes or
singles, but it is in the "Army Dreamers" and "The Big Sky" videos.
"Cloudbusting", "Experiment IV", and "The Big Sky" are chock full of hidden
details and the like.
        3) As far as gender distribution of the net, I have always been
under the impression it's slightly more men then women, but not by much.
        4) He also asks "WHY IS KATE BUSH IS SO DAMN GORGEOUS?"  and says
"Del is a lucky man".  Well, I think it's because Kate's got the combo of
looks, talent, and personality.  When you look at a photo of her, you're not
only seeing "a pretty girl" but you're thinking (somewhere in your head)
about all those great songs and (if you've seen any interviews) what a great
person she is.  That's my theory anyway.
        As far as Del being a lucky man.  At the 1990 Kate Bush Convention I
asked him what it was like to live with someone so attractive, and he said
"Well, I've known her for so long, that it's just like looking at you."
I've never been able to comprehend this!  :-)

Ron "Not Suspended in Gaffa" Hill

--
INTERNET:  rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!rhill