Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Sean Casey <sean@ms.uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1992 23:07:16 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey)
Subject: Re: Solace
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1992 07:07:08 GMT

In article <1992Mar16.023144.5977@acsu.buffalo.edu> v115p8d6@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.EDU (Quenby M Chunco) writes:
>I recently aquired Solace by Sarah McLauchlan on tape and I have noticed
>distortion on some of the songs, most notably Into the Fire. I have been
>wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if the sound quality is
>much better on cd.

On the CD, there is a substantial amount of bass in the song, and with
a good stereo, it sounds quite good. It doesn't overpower the vocals.
The lack of noise and good DR in the CD makes me wonder if at least
parts of it were digitally recorded. There are some musical mistakes
though, something you get a lot with basement recordings :).

Sean

--
                  |``Wind, waves, etc. are breakdowns in the face of the
Sean Casey        | commitment to getting from here to there. But they are the
sean@s.ms.uky.edu | conditions for sailing -- not something to be gotten rid
U of KY, Lexington| of, but something to be danced with.''