Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Account for Usenet System <news@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1992 11:03:56 -0800
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Karen Silkwood's car)
Subject: Re: *** Great Hounds of Love interview 1 ****
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1992 19:03:47 GMT
Sender: news@sco.COM (Account for Usenet System)

Ron Hill transcribes:
>        K: I had an idea of what I wanted to say in the song and I actually
>asked Del to write me a drum pattern, and he wrote this great pattern in the
>drum machine.  So I just put the Fairlight on top of it and that was the
>basis of the song, with the drone [drum ???], which played quite an
>important part.

Definitely ``drone.'' She's talking about the breathy synth chord that
begins the song, runs all the way through, and is the last thing you hear on
the fade out.  That's known as a drone.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.