Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTemas in the UK?

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1992 06:25:14 -0800
Subject: Re: KaTemas in the UK?
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <63295@apple.Apple.COM>, daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's
Assistant) writes:
> I read a lot of  messages of KaTemas in the US, but does  anyone  know
> something about previouw  KaTemases in the UK?  Or does  Homeground or
> KBC organize  something?  I'm in the UK only since November 1991, so I
> myself don't have any experience with that.

Well, last year was a bit of an anticlimax (unlike in the US where a
good time seemed to be had by all). Andy Semple (are you still out
there?) organised a list of potential KaTemas participants well in
advance, but in the end nothing happened (at least I didn't hear of
anything, apart from Colin's not-specifically-KaTemas party in Ipswich).

I don't think Hg or KBC organise anything officially, but from the
personals in Homeground, it seems to be a tradition for some KaTefans
to gather at KaTe's old local pub, The Fanny on the Hill (good grief,
what an embarrasing name 8^) on Katemas Day, in deepest Welling.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the