Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

<insert generic rave>

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1992 12:00:54 -0800
Subject: <insert generic rave>
To: ecto@athos.rutgers.edu, love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Just picked up Tori Amos' _Little Earthquakes_.

Wow.

She has a nice, almost beautiful, and quite powerful voice, though I don't
find it as distinctive as KaTe's or Karen Peris' or Sarah McLachlan or Jane
Siberry, or any of a number of other folks.  On the other hand, her music
and lyrics make up for any lack of distinction in her voice.  Good stuff.

When I carried the CD to the counter in the record store today, the woman
at the register commented that it was a great album, to which I replied that
I'd heard that--I'd been waiting for it for a couple of months.  She then
wanted to know if I was a Kate Bush fan...weird how these things work
out, eh?

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu            |                         --Happy Rhodes |