Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah McLachlan missing track

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1992 09:52:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan missing track
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

>so I'm in the CD store looking for Sarah's latest effort when I find a
>copy for the incredibly low price of $9.99.  Great!  I go up to the
>counter and the goon charges me $12.99.  Apparently the $9.99 copy is
>missing the 11th track, "Wear Your Love Like Heaven".  He had no
>explanation other than maybe a batch of them were accidentally pressed
>without the song.

>Greg Blouch (not chris)

Actually, the explanation is quite simple.  The one without the 11th
track is probably the Canadian version, which has only ten tracks.
The same thing happened with her first album, _Touch_.  The Canadian
version had two fewer tracks than the American one, although in that
case one of the two tracks was a remixed version of a song that appeared
on both versions of the album.

This seems very strange to me.  I mean, Ms. McLachlan is Canadian, so
I'd have assumed they'd put the extra tracks on the Canadian versions,
but they didn't.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov