Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ordure

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!media.mit.edu!nessus@uunet.uu.net (Douglas Alan)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1992 10:17:55 -0800
Subject: Ordure
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!media.mit.edu!news@uunet.uu.net (USENET News System)

In article <9202022220.AA09952@wente.llnl.gov> ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed
Suranyi) writes:

> Remember his war with Doug Alan over "Nice to Swallow"?  Eventually
> it stopped.  Same thing will happen with the current conflict.

It only stopped because I ran out of time.  Really, though, I've been
just quietly waiting for IED to take a sabatical, so I could get the
last word in.  Hah, hah, hah!

Kate DID say "Nice to Swallow"!  It wasn't a typo.  Kate has often
used strange humour like this.  It is completely in her character.  I
don't know or care anymore whether or not Kate said "ordurely" or
"audially" in my interview, but at the time I certainlly didn't
transcribe the word flippantly: I must have replayed the sentence a
hundred times and I scoured through the dictionary looking for the
best match.  Maybe Kate said "ordurely", maybe she said "audially".  I
think I can be forgiven if I was wrong, in light of the fact that
"ordurely" is much closer to being a real word than "audially" --
there's not even any such word as "audial"!

But, in any case, none of this has any bearing on the "Nice to
Swallow" interview since no interviewer could have misheard "Night of
the Swallow" as "Nice to Swallow", especially since all he would have
had to do is check the album to see what the name of the song is.  So
there!

God, I love a good flame.