Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lighten up, okey?

From: aurs01!aurxc3!whitcomb@mcnc.org (Jonathan Whitcomb)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 12:48:09 -0800
Subject: Lighten up, okey?
To: mcnc.uucp!aurs01!Love-Hounds%wiretap.Spies.COM@mcnc.org

I've always felt that as soon as a person or group of people or
religion gets to the point that they can't laugh at themselves
that they are in trouble.

Folks, Kate Bush is a pop singer!

I like to keep up on her current activities, so I read this group.
Considering that her output has been pretty minimal lately, a
few humorous and satirical posts have kept the group from falling
into total boredom.  I'm not interested in her views on the world,
her love life, her personal hygiene or diet.  I just like much
of her music (not all of it though).  I also am interested in
hearing about other artists that folks who like Kate Bush are
interested in.

I usually skip over the ancient interviews, as they become quite
repetitive and only reinforce my opinion that Kate is basically
a bubblehead (albeit a very talented bubblehead).

Did that remark get me kicked off the mailing list?  Will anyone
suggest that I should be kicked off for that reason?  If that
remark offended you, than I'll refer you to the Saturday Night
Live skit featuring William Shatner at a Star Trek convention.

I'm sure that everybody has their own reasons for keeping up with
this group.  If your reasons aren't the same as someone else's,
it doesn't mean that you have more or less of a "right" to be
involved.  People who post umpteen times a week don't have any
more of a "right" to be here than those who post once every
few weeks.  A first time poster's opinion is as valid as a
"regular's".  It also helps to inject some much needed real world
perspective.

Kate Bush is a pop singer!

If you've made her the main focus of your existance, than perhaps
you need to take a look at your life!

Now... let's talk about music!

-Jonathan
whitcomb%aurgate@mcnc.org