Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

European bootleg CDs...

From: DEMEIS@ecs.umass.edu
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 11:20:00 -0800
Subject: European bootleg CDs...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Three weeks ago I stumbled upon 2 KaTe bootleg CDs in a used record store
in Boston-  The store rates their boots on sound quality from 1-10.
They had two Kate Bush 1979 live (British radio) disks - one had a picture
of Kate holding an upright bass (sound quality=8) and the other had
a rather green looking KaTe with a headset microphone (sound quality=10).
Both were the same material (Violin, Kite, Wuthering, etc...)

So I spent $45 (steep price) and was blown away by hearing this concert
off of disk- I've heard it before on crap tape but the sound quality of
this disk is fabulous.  The disk is pressed by SGRS (Super Golden Radio Shows)
and made in Italy.

Did I get really ripped off?  I just had to buy it out of fear that I wouldn't
ever see this disk again...  I'm not angry because the sound *is* great!
I figure I paid about $10 more than it's worth.  Big deal.

I heard someone mention that the Kathy tapes are available on disk.
Anyone got one they want to sell or know where I might look for it?
I have friends in England if that helps...  What is the sound quality
like?  E-mail me if this has been discused previously.

Anyone have the SGRS disk (or the upright bass disk) or know exactly how rare
it is?  I'm not really a collector - I paid my $45 to listen to the music
and not to make a profit... I'm keeping KaTe!

-Jude (DEMEIS@ecs.umass.edu)

P.S.  The store in Boston may still have the other disk.  If anyone
      cares it's "Planet Records" in Kenmore Square...