Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stev0

From: Ben Siemerink <bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 02:16:22 -0800
Subject: Stev0
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Love-Hounds Post)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 64.9.hplb.1]

Hi Folks!

| I posted this one week ago to love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com but it didn't |
| appear, so now I tried love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu. Hope it works now and   |
| that it doesn't appear twice._____________________________________________|

What's gone in your heads?
Are you all conservatives?
Or don't you know cabaret in the US?

If someone wants to make a point which is different from what is
generally accepted (which is often with cabaret), one has to exaggerate,
go into extremes. Cabaret may sound 'rude', as Vickie says [*], but is
only meant to make the point. If you're feeling offended by criticism,
than that criticism might be too true. There is always a discussion
going on on cabaret performers if they're offending people or if they
are just humourous. The best performers in the Netherlands (we've got
some v-e-r-y good ones!) are very impopular by some groups of people,
especially the religious, conservatives (they - generally - can't stand
criticism very well, IMHO).

I, myself, think it's perfectly healthy to read complete different
point of views, even if I don't agree with it after reading. It keeps
me broadminded. I like it most of the times, because there's good
humour in it.

So, the point I want to make is: I like the Stev0 stuff on this news
group. It's just an-other fan, an-other human, with an-other point of
view, with other things to contribute to this news group. Keep on doing
your good work! You're certainly NOT 'fogging up my monitor' [Saurav
Misra (saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu)]

BTW: I am certainly NOT criticizing IED, Ron, or everyone else who's
     putting lots of effort in The Garden and Cloudbusting. At this
     moment I'm laying out The Garden Volume II, because it's such a
     good reference book. U 2, keep up doing the good work!

Ben, going on Expert on the Calton-rating.
(which is better than Stev0's, IMHO, sorry for that, Stev0)

[*   Vickie (katefans@chinet.chi.il.us)]
Anyway, saying you're a Kate fan too doesn't excuse your rudeness toward
people who do things within the "fandom" that *you* don't agree with.

PS1: I just made a large (A3) multi-colour poster of the following, BEFORE
     reading all the criticism on Stev0! [written by Stev0!]
         " You're going to ask me if I'm going to tour, aren't you?
           Well, go ahead, punk. Make my day! "

         - Kate, holding .44 magnum to reporter's face

PS2:     " Shake my head
           Turn my face to the floor
           Death to respect
           To respect to be born
           Lest we forget who lay "

         - Talk Talk, "After the flood" (album: "Laughing stock")

PS3: You're welcome, Rachel! No worries.
--
Ben Siemerink, Bristol, UK                                              Crisis?
bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com                                               What Crisis?