Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

hocus pocus

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1992 08:27:27 -0800
Subject: hocus pocus
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

On a note highlu unrelated to kate but somewhat related to
this group, I picked up fripp&summes' I advance masked album...
but the CD I got was a japanese import.  Does anyone have a
translation of the liner notes???  (this question seems to be
becoming more mundane )
I also got fripp's Exposure... but the liner notes are a little vague
on who does what in which song... for example,is that really
PG singing on HCTF?  If anyone has a breakdown of who does
what on which song, please email it to me and I will be
grateful.  I also recently acquired king crimson's discipline.

I see little similarity between Exposure and the other two, but
discipline and IAM sound very much alike (esp. the first
song on IAM, which appears to be a "continuation" of the theme
on Discipline).  I also like Discipline more than earlier KC stuff
I've heard...  but maybe I should give some of it another chance.
Are there any KC fans who can give me a good next step based on
the above i exploring more fripp-based things?  What else has
he produced?  (I like Roches, PG, but are there many others?)

Thanks to all the San Francisco suggestions... keep 'em coming!!!

-mjm (mike mendelson : stern@stella.chem.nwu.edu)

"Do you like or love either or both me"      PS