Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe Fan Recruitment in the Workplace

From: carter@sal.lonestar.org (Carter Bennett)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 09:19:18 -0800
Subject: KaTe Fan Recruitment in the Workplace
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Comments: Normal User Account

Steve Berlin at Software Transformation, Inc. was saying:

-- In every job I've had I've been trying to Spread the Word, usually
-- with not much success.

-- The nice thing is that as technology advances, it is easier to
-- spread the word visually.

-- Also, every serious relationship I've had, I have successfully
-- turned my SO onto Kate.

When I posted my laments about being one of only six KaTe fans,
I suppose I didn't know how lucky I was.  Everyone has been quite
reassuring.  It was, in fact, one of the folks at work who turned
me onto KaTe about three months ago (I have since collected everything
available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area).

At the place where I work, we have a theater where we show promotional
and training videos to clients and prospective clients.  We have
a twelve-foot diagonal screen and a thoroughly-capable sound system. The
best method for recruiting I have found is video.  When I picked up TSW
videos, we had a screening one day after work, and four of us showed
up.  A couple of weeks later, when I got TWS videos, we had a screening
the first day it arrived.  We had twelve attend.  Since then, there have
been a few CD's picked up by the audience.  I have the Hammersmith concert
video on order, and we're planning a screening of that when it comes in.

I've been married once or twice, but I can't say that I've ever had a
serious relationship, so no help there.
cheerio,
crb

Carter Bennett, Scientist     "We are of the going water, and the gone.
UUCP: carter@sal.lonestar.org  We are of water in the holy land of water."
UUCP: carter@sdf.lonestar.org "May you never thirst, my brother."