Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: GLC & Ken

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 09:44:18 -0800
Subject: Re: GLC & Ken
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <1992Jan8.100246.4369@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk>,
rich@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Richard Cooper) writes:

> The Comic Strip program about the GLC was a characature of this,
> which almost too painfully accurate to be funny.

Tony Benn portrayed as an old cowboy being played by Lee van Cleef
(being played by Peter Richardson) is "painfully accurate"? Hmmm...
...and Robbie Coltrane doesn't even look anything like Ken Livingstone....

> The fact that Kate Bush contributed to this demonstrates exactly
> what might expect of any creative artist.  Firstly that her art is
> more important than any political statement.  Secondly, that when
> there are political statements they will be way left of centre.

Err, why should a creative artist's political statements always be "way
left of centre"?

...And I wouldn't exactly call "Ken" a serious politcal statement....

"Who is the funky sex machine? KEN!"

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the