Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 07:45:11 -0800
Subject: Re: Tori Amos
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From: Duane.Day@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day)
>Subject: Tori Amos
>
>She has another great album from a couple years back, called
>_Y Kant Tori Read_.  (There's no artist name indicated on that
>one, though, so if you can find it at all it might be filed
>under "Y").  The Kate influence is very strong; "Kate Bush with
>a knife" seems an apt description to me.  I like it a lot.

Thanks for the information. Some of the reports in the British
media were suggesting that "Little Earthquakes" was her debut release.
Do you (or anyone) know if she has released any singles of the first
album?

>I'm glad to see she's released another one.  Hopefully she'll find
>greater recognition in the U.K. than she has here in the U.S.

There is certainly interest at the moment. Whether this will last if
the album does not do well is another matter. So far I think she
only has one live date lined up in London.

Neil

P.S. Obligatory Kate reference: Kate Bush and Tori Amos both have
eight letters in their names. Highly significant what?

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk