Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ***Tickets now on sale!!!****

From: bperegoy@slint.East.Sun.COM (Bill Peregoy - Hardware)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 07:03:59 -0800
Subject: Re: ***Tickets now on sale!!!****
To: rec-music-gaffa@eastapps.East.Sun.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@eastapps.East.Sun.COM

> It will be Saturday March 21st 1992 (this is Happy, not Kate ;^),
> 7:30pm at the University Museum Auditorium, 33rd and Spruce (and step on
> it!), Philadelphia.
>
> Tickets can be ordered by mail (with an SASE) from:
> David Broida, 8 Rochsolach, Paoli, PA 19301
>
> Prices are $15.75 in advance, $17.75 at the door.
>
> Concert information line: 215-993-9332
>
> There will be no opening act.

Why so expensive? Nothing turns me off more than a new artist (or any artist
actually) charging so much for a show in a small vanue.  In addition to pissing
off fans, you completely eliminate the possibility of picking up any new fans
who stop in because they're curious.

I regularly pay $5-7 to see much more established acts (for example $5 for Nirvana
a few months ago, $5 for Mudhoney and Superchunk, etc.) and would never pay
this to see Happy.  That's too bad because I like what I read here about her
and would gladly pay a reasonable amount to see her live if she played in this
area.

Bill