Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This Man's Work

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1992 06:29:23 -0800
Subject: This Man's Work
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

Hi there.

Some lucky stiff wrote saying how they "only" (my emphasis) had a
half-dozen co-workers who are KaTeFans (tm).  Someone else wrote
pointing out how fortunate they were.  Which brings me to tell you
lucky folks about my personal experiences.

In every job I've had I've been trying to Spread the Word, usually
with not much success.  Where I work now, for example, is a small
firm (about 25 people), NONE who are KaTeFans (To show how bad
the musical taste is here, one of my co-workers actually PAID MONEY
to see "Cool as Ice" when it came out!  I am NOT making this up!)
The nice thing is that as technology advances, it is easier to
spread the word visually.  Three years ago, for example, I could not
do like I am doing now and use a Kate .Gif file (or any other GIF
for that matter) as wallpaper.  And last week I just got access to
a COLOR SCANNER!  Wheee!!!

Actually, one of my co-workers likes Joy Division (so do I) and Front
242 (To Drukmanish for my taste) but not Kate.  My favorite album
to Spread the Word?  The Sensual World.  While this is hardly my
favorite Kate Album, it is "Commercial" enough to (hopefully) snag
the unenlightened masses, yet clever enough to turn the heads of
folks with the potential for True KateFandom.  (Until TSW came out,
I had been using N4E).  The results where I'm working?  three folks
I tried it out on could not get past the first cut, saying it was
"too weird".  Yeah, go back to your Guy Lombardo, you loser.  And
these were the folks who I thought had potential!

Also, every serious relationship I've had, I have successfully
turned my SO onto Kate.  And when we broke up, they all either
turned THEIR SO onto Kate, or he was already a KateFan.

-Stev0

"Make joyful noise unto The Lord.  We recommend The Dreaming."

- Stev0 6:25

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  This .Sig has virus protection
Stev0@sti.com          |