Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oops and GLC

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1992 00:44:34 -0800
Subject: Oops and GLC
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        I forgot to mention also that the latest HOMEGROUND mentions an EMI
press release for EXPERIMENT IV, does anybody have this and would they mind
transcribing any Kate quotes it might have?  HOMEGROUND lists only half a
line from it.  :-(     :-)
        I just saw GLC again, a couple of questions.  It show Prince Charles
getting involved with the GLC, is there any truth to this at all?  I know
they made up quite a bit, so I don't know.  Also, when the Ice Queen dies,
what movie was that paroding (if any in particular)?  Also, what is written
on the Ice Queen's tombstone, my copy isn't clear enough to read it!  :-)

        Someone asked about "THE GARDEN" transcriptions.  The interesting
thing about transcrbing stuff (and this goes for interview stuff as well as
lryics) is that different people hear different things, so I say go ahead
and post what you think you hear, as even if it's wrong, it's usually
interesting.
        The same person asked about the lonelyness of being a fan.  Well, if
there are six people (out of a hundred) where you work who are fans, that's
pretty good.  I work with 300 people, and I only know ONE other person there
who is a semi-fan (has two albums) but isn't particularly interested in
hearing about fan-stuff.  There's obviously less fans here in America, where
she is less popular.  There are no doubt many fans in each city but they're
not always in contact with each other (I know only one other major fan here
in San Diego, though I'm probably going to meet another one soon, if she
actually returns my call :-).

--
 rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 435-6181