Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Rocket Man" single special package

From: trm@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Tara R. Marchand)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1991 21:56:55 -0800
Subject: "Rocket Man" single special package
To: pacbell!ames!rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

While buying a couple of CDs at a local record store today, I
noticed an envelope-like object wrapped in plastic above the
counter.  Looking more closely, I saw that there was a person's
face drawn on the envelope, and that this person resembled Kate.  I
asked the clerk to let me have a look at it, and he took it down
and gave it to me.  Turning it over, I saw that it was a specially
packaged single of "Rocket Man" including both the vocal and
instrumental versions of "Candle in the Wind".  The text on the
back said something to the effect that the package included a
special lithograph and was "numbered and signed by the artist".
The store was selling it for $22.95.  Has anyone else come across
this artifact?  What *exactly* does it contain?  I honestly don't
plan on buying it--I'm strictly an "amateur" Katefan--but I'm
curious anyway.  Thanks for your time...
--
Tara R. Marchand                  "Are you on fire from the years?
                              What would you give for your kid fears?"