Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sinead's "Silent Night"

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1991 18:24:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Sinead's "Silent Night"
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in To: address found on wiretap.Spies.COM:To: clout\!wiretap.spies.com\!love-hounds@chinet.chi.il.us (love-hounds) ^ ^-illegal word in localpart \-expected word

Mik asks about the cassingle of "Silent Night" and all I know is what's
listed on the box (er, cardboard eco-crappy kind-of-thing) and that is:

1. Silent Night (3:44) (traditional)
   produced by Sinead O'Connor and Peter Gabriel
   keyboards by Peter Gabriel
   courtesy of Virgin Records
   recorded at Real World Studios

2. Irish Ways and Irish Laws (4:18) (John Gibbs)
   Recorded live in Holland
   Mixed by Chris Birkett

4KM  23839

(C) 1991 Ensign Records Ltd. A sub. of Chrysalis Records Ltd.

"This recording is dedicated to Louise Woolcock and her family--'Jah Live'"
--------------------
SN is very beautiful and echoy-ethereal, with a very simple, subtle (and
somewhat eerie) background keyboards.

IW&IL is acapella. Nice.

Strangely enough, I just realized that this cassingle is the first thing
I've ever bought by Sinead. I got a promo of her first album(cassette) and
have yet to get her second (one of these days-really!) so I've never spent
money on Sinead before. I have _Stay Awake_ but didn't buy it for Sinead
specifically. What a strange realization, especially because I _like_ her!
And, I must admit, I picked up this cassingle and was about ready to put
it back, when I noticed the name Peter Gabriel. So I still didn't get this
specifically for Sinead. Hmmm.

-v-