Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Toni/Laurie/Digests

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1991 01:30:00 -0800
Subject: Toni/Laurie/Digests
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here. I'm glad to see other Toni Childs fans here too. I liked
_Union_ a lot (my favorite song is "Zimbabwe") but _House of Hope_ is
even better, IMHO. It's very dark, very sad and very powerful lyrically,
yet musically, it's hard to stay still while listening to it. It's not
a dance album, more like a slither and glide album. "Daddy's Song" ranks
as one of the most heart-wrenchingly powerful songs I've ever heard. It's
about incest and it's not for the faint of heart. Angry...and chilling.
"I gave you all my love...and you showed no mercy" Ohmygod. I don't know
very much about Toni Childs, but I remember reading that she ran away
from home at a very early age, 15 or 16, and that she's had a very rough
life. Definitely a survivor-type, a very strong woman and extremely
talented. I've never seen her in concert (or even a video) but I would
like to. I envy those who have.

btw, Laurie Freelove *is* the same one who used to be in Two Nice Girls.

Does anyone out there archive their Digests? We never received 7.402, 403
or 405. Our news feed is down, so I've missed out on a lot, I think. Any
kind soul willing to send these to me? Thanks in advance.

V (one of V'n'C)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us