Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CitW Vocals

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 00:40:41 -0800
Subject: CitW Vocals
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

craig@sco.COM (Craig Heath) writes:

> > From: judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan)
> > Date: Sun, 15 Dec 91 03:06:00 GMT
>
> > She sounds somewhat girlish, as if her voice
> > isn't matured...
>
> Absolutely!  The very first time I heard this track, I thought "that
> reminds me of Marilyn Monroe".  For those of you who may not have heard
> Marilyn Monroe sing, she had a very poignant (that's a kind word) singing
> voice.  I'm sure Kate had this in mind when recording CitW, which is, after
> all, a tribute to/requiem for MM (nee Norma Jean Baker).

Gee, Craig, I think that's stretching things a bit.  She
didn;t sound like Marilyn Monroe at all to me.  Marilyn was
VERY idiosyncratic and breathy.  I think it might be wise at
this point for Kate to use such a rationale however, it might
explain what's wrong with her voice on that cut.

Fpcynthia

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)