Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@ukc.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1991 04:10:38 -0800
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
From: spt1@ukc.ac.uk (S.P.Thomas)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KATE ON WOGAN?
Date: 17 Dec 91 12:10:27 GMT

In article <m0ktbqK-0000mBC@crash.cts.com> rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) writes:
>Ron "Anxiously waiting to hear about the Wogan performance" Hill

Well, I'd have thought someone else would have posted by now, but...

She looked quite good!  I thought it was quite a simple performance, and
I think it was lip-synched.  Apart from herself, there was three other
people on state - Del, on bass, Charlie Morgan (I presume?) on drums,
and someone else (?) playing a small-accordian.  Kate herself was playing
what for the sake of argument shall be called a Eukalele :-).  There was
also a chair at the back with a guitar on it ... Alan Murphy's symbolic
presence.

She was wearing a black velvet two-piece suit, the skirt of which came to
just below the knee.  The top was quite low cut - not as low cut as her
outfit in the Hammer Horror video, but getting that way!  As is normal,
she *oozed* femeninity (sp??) from every pore (some would say sexuality,
but I prefer femeninity :-).

The performance itself was grand, if I'm any judge, but I did think that
maybe, just maybe, she didn't look quite as fresh-faced as she used to.
Her hair, btw, was ... um ... artistically disarranged.  I haven't managed
to see the video yet, so I can't compare the performance to that.

I was watching it with a friend who happens to be more an Elton John
than Kate Bush fan, and she liked it.  She thought the reggae treatment
worked quite well, and all in all, it was a good cover.

Keep well,

Stephen
--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|