Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I say what?

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1991 14:03:00 -0800
Subject: I say what?
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here. This would go to e-mail except for the fact that people have
actually asked me when and why I said this.

Steve0 Berlin dreamed he heard me say:

> "I might tend to ramble on pointlessly, but on the other hand I am
> exceedingly dull." - Vickie (of Chris 'n' Vickie World Enterprises)

I *never* said this. Steve, I realize I sometimes ramble, and that to some
my ramblings often appear pointless, especially to those with opposing
viewpoints. I try not to be dull, though it happens. Why can't you just
e-mail me and tell me your problems with my writing style, instead of
attributing a fabricated quote to me? At the very least, you could take
responsibility and say what you mean.

"I think Vickie rambles on pointlessly, but on the other hand she is
exceedingly dull" Stev0 Berlin  12-12-91 "ps, I think her sig line is
really silly." Is that what you were trying to get across?

If you're irritated by me, sorry. Regarding my posts, I am aware of my
own faults, and I will try to keep these at a minimum, but at least I'm
sincere and I stand up for what I believe in, right or, sometimes, wrong.
I'm a long-time, true Kate fan and I have been known to be more than just
occasionally useful. I'll be around for a long, long time, so I would
suggest you put me in your kill file if you don't like me.

One more thing, out of curiosity...

Problems with my opinions and writing style aside, what's your point
regarding my usual sig line? I don't know what the deal is with your
"Chris 'n' Vickie World Enterprises" sig. Actually, it's kind of funny,
but taken in context with the rest of your "quote," it doesn't sound as if
it's meant to be complimentary.

Chris and I met because of a mutual interest in Kate's music and we've
been together for over 10 years. We traveled to Winnipeg and England for
fan conventions, and to New York specifically to meet her. We worked
together on a making a video that Kate liked so much she called our house
to tell us (tell Chris, that is, I *sigh* wasn't home :-(  boo hoo.) We've
spent lots of time, energy and money together on lots of Kate-related items
and non-profit events. Because of Chris, I even have a radio show inspired
by and dedicated to her, not to mention named after one of her songs. We're
a _couple_ in Kate fandom. When Kate, on her birthday in 1984, made out the
envelope (it's definitely her writing) she used to send us (unsolicited and
totally unexpected) autographed photos, she addressed it to "Chris + Vickie,
1811 State, ..." so even SHE knows us that way. Our sigs reflect us as a
couple in the Kate world and we don't use them anywhere else except
Love-Hounds. If "Vickie'n'Chris" or "Chris'n'Vickie" bothers you, I'd
like to know why.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris Just A Couple Of Kate Fans Duprass Ltd.)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us