Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Erland rating

From: Ben Siemerink <bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1991 02:23:04 -0800
Subject: Erland rating
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Love-Hounds Digest)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 64.9.hplb.1]

Scott Telford writes:

> Still haven't seen the full video....

I'm sorry for you, but it was broadcasted last Saturday at about 12:15 (in
the afternoon) on a music program on one of the four British channels. I
don't remember which one. They faded it out at the end...

I can tell a little about it:

The clip is in black and white, so it fits the single cover. Actually her
hair is about the same as well. I don't remember the beginning of the clip
(until the reggae part) quite well, but I think it was Kate just alone.
When the reggae part started, the scene is changed to Kate-with-the-band.
I recognized Del Palmer playing the bass, and I saw another familiar face,
but I don't know all the people Kate worked with. Maybe someone else knows?

After the Chorus, we see Kate alone again in a space helmet at the left side
of the screen, looking to the right. In that scene they played a bit with
photographs or something (again I can't remember quite well): the Earth is
shown and moved around a little to express something. I'm sorry for this
vague description.

During the Chorus, the band is shown again, and in the middle of that there
is a rude change to the next clip.

When I saw the first chorus, I found that Kate made too fanatic movements
which didn't quite fit to the song (my opinion). During the choruses there
were some nice shots of Kate throwing her hair in the wind (they had some
wind in the studio!), and turning around with pointing in the air (at the
end of the chorus).

I hope this satisfies your video needs a little. Maybe someone else can add
something? Anyway, try to see it. It's worth it!

Ben.
 | Ben Siemerink, Bristol, UK.                           bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com |