Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm Back!

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1991 00:39:40 -0800
Subject: I'm Back!
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Hi Ya'll -
I'm baaaaaaaack!  Geez, I was swamped with Love-Hounds posts!
What a treat to have so many to read all at once!

I just didn't have time to do quotes, so here's a few messages
to the appropriate persons....

Jessica Lawrence Koeppel Dembski - It's true that unless I
sound pretty serious, I probably am not.  By the way, a
serious question for you, how is it you have so many names?
Are they all birth (maiden) names?

A few people have asked me, regarding GG Wells and The Murder
Junkies, the group who spewed their sacred pee-pee and doo-doo
at the audience in an Orlando dance club, What were they
charged with?

I'm positive they were charged with indecent exposure, and I
_think_ they were charged with something about "lewd and
lascivious" behavior.  Unless they were in court last week
(while I was in Wash, DC) they are still awaiting a court date
as far as I last heard.

Vishal Markandey - They did *not* teach me my writing style.
If anything they learned to sling the shit from ME! :-)

J. Lawton - So what's this about the leader of same doo-doo
group threatening to kill himself AND part of the audience
next Halloween?    Gee, regarding censorship, yeah, that's a
tough one.  However, I'm gonna go out on a reactionary limb
and say, err, the dude is outta his gourd and ought to be on
stage only ion an asylum if he's threatening such things.  I
mean, geez, it's his free choice to kill himself (possibly not
a bad idea) but to take audience members with him somehow,
DOES seem to preclude their making a choice around the matter
doesn't it?  I think I'd like to throw doo-doo at him and his
delightful group.

Andrew Raphael - Great pun! Re: shit hitting the fans - hee
hee

Ken Saint-John - Thanks, I will respond soon, trying to play
catch up at home and work!

Vickie - Glad you felt some support from my post.  My last
comment on the whole thaing is that I do believe the
discussion meandered to the difference between Physical Rape
and Psychologhical Rape, and I'm not sure that rape per se was
really the focus of the discussion (censorship was!) though it
seemed to go that way.  At any rate, glad you're in a good
mood, and Yes! Melissa did NOT make me look like a (yechhhh!)
Sunday school teacher, dammit! :-)   To all you Sunday school
teachers out there:  Just kidding, lighten up!

Ben Haller - Thanks, you'll hear from me soon, definitely NOT
freaked!
As I said earlier, I'm trying to play catch up, I still have a
few odd things left in a suitcase, I need to go to the grocery
store for a major food spree, and I'm still sorting thru a
MOUNTAIN of mail (not email - postman mail).

Oh, the Wash, DC record store hints did pay off.  Went to
Waxie Maxie's (very mainstream, but the most they charge for a
single CD is $11.99), and Olsson's.  Olsson's was throughly
enjoyable.  My sister, my boyfriend (was that the sound of
several male groans I heard? hee hee hee) and I leisurely
sashayed all over for almost 3 hours.  Found a great cookbook,
some beautiful 1992 calendars, a CIA- expose book that Werner,
my S.O. wanted, several things my sister liked and bought,
and.......the Kate cd import with Rocket Man and Candle in The
Wind (vocal and instrumental) .

Ok, I wasn't too impressed with Rocket Man.  I thought Candle
was pretty, though not any major Kate evenT.  I rather did
like the instrumental version of Candle with the plaintive
Goodbye Norma Jean lines at the end.    Oh, I liked some of
her vocal phrasing in Rocket Man, such as  " I'm not the man
they think I am at home......[wait, wait]   Ah! Oh, oh, oh"  I
liked the way she made the Ah! Oh, oh, oh, phrase different
from Elton's original.  Not better, but different.  Otherwise,
I wasn't wild about this version.

The sound on the thing is not too great, I don't think.

Ok, then we went to the Pentagon City Mall. If a mall can be
described as beautiful, this one is.  4 stories, all lit up in
a garish, energy wasting, commercialized, disgusting display
of Christmas season decoration.  But it _was_ beautiful to
look at anyways. (I won't be decking my house out with
Christmas lights howevr, for the garish, energy wasting, etc.
reasons listed above.)
ANYWAYS, there was a record store there, I forget the name.
Had Two Rooms for $10.99!  Good price I thought, so I bought
it.  I have NOT had time to listen to it yet.  Got home late
Saturday night.  As I said, I'm BARELY unpacked.
So, while we were browsing about in the store, I noticed the
music they were playing over the stereo, as music stores often
do.  Usually it's either annoying or titally forgettable, but
something caugt my ear.  First a lyric about somebody "fucking
me in the back seat" and then either an extended instrumental
finale, or a next song that was all instrumental, I losy track
during intense CD browse mode.  When it was over, I went over
to the Jazz section, where Werner was perusing, and still sort
of gyrating slightly.  I said "Hey, did you like that?"
pointing up to the ceiling speaker.  He said, "Yeah, who was
that?"    When I asked the proprietor, he said... Nine Inch
Nails.  Huh?  "Oh.  What's the name of the cd?" I asked.
"Pretty Hate Machine." he replied, as if that should have
sounded normal to me.  Hmph.  Well, whatever, we liked the
last 2 or 3 cuts a lot.  ALmost bought it there, but it was
$15.98.  I hope to find an equal or better price at the local
Peaches or Camelot.

Saw New York Stories on video last night.  Peter Gabriel had a
cameo in Life Lessons, the segment directed by Martin
Scorsese.  ALso, besides Nick Nolte, another actor would go on
to be in Scorsese's Cape Fear.  The gal (sorry, can't remember
the name) who is Nolte's buddy, but gets seduced, raped and
murdered by DeNiro...she was in Life Lessons as a friend of
Rosanna Arquette's.

Buddy, my youngest, gets neutered and declawed this Thursday.
*sniff* My son is becoming a man.. or is it a GIRLY-MAN??
Oh well, whatever, though I never thought I would have cats
declawed, It became somewhat unavoidable, but that's another
story.

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT - Vickie, Richard, did anybody see any of
the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day marathon?  I taped
it all on 5 tapes for future viewing, tho I'm sure some are
repeats.

It's great to go on vacation, but it's great to come HOME!! (I
missed my cats terribly, and I missed Love-Hounds more than I
figured I would!

Later,

Cynthia of Orlando

----