Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Countdown (Dutch) interview

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1991 02:43:13 -0800
Subject: Countdown (Dutch) interview
To: crash!wiretap.Spies.COM!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

    82. Countdown: a brief interview on the Dutch (N.B.: not the Australian
show of the same name) TV programme, fall 1985.
     Kate is on her guard, vague in her answers and even a little prickly. She
does mention that she would enjoy working with Bryan
Ferry, but otherwise pretty much keeps her own counsel.

[Transcribed by Ron Hill.  Above note by IED]

        I: [??? What would you be doing] if you weren't a singer or a dancer
or a actress, do you have any idea?
        K: No, I don't at all.  And I think it's very interesting that this is
such a favorite question of people.  I mean, do you know you'd be doing, if
you weren't interview...
        I: Yeah, as a matter of fact I'd be working at a gas station,
probably.
        K: Would you?
        I: Yeah.
        K: Sincerely?
        I: Would you come and buy gas from me?
        K: Yeah, I might.
        I: [Both laugh] Okay.  If you could a duet... if you would want to...
Would you want to do a duet with anybody?
        K: Yes, I mean, there are lots of people.
        I: Yeah?
        K: Yes.
        I: Name a few.
        K: Well I think the trouble with those kinds of questions is as soon
you're put them, all these names just disappear from your brain.  But
definitely, I mean there are people I admire tremendously.  Like I'd loved to
work with Bryan Ferry, his voice is superb.  And, well Peter Gabriel, it was a
great honor working with him, I'd love to work with him, again.  And all the
other names totally escape me, at the moment.  [Both laugh]  Yeah.
        I: Okay, Kate.  Thank you very much for this interview.  Once again,
you're very welcome to Countdown, if you're ever in Holland.  And, of course,
to my gas station.
        K: Great!
        I: Thank you.
        K: See you there.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com