Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eponymi?

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 12:55:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Eponymi?
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <9112041949.AA07430@garnet.berkeley.edu> deadman@garnet.berkeley.EDU (Ben Haller) writes:

>Jeffrey C. Burka says:
>> Gabriel has 4 albums officially titled _Peter Gabriel_ (in the U.S., the
>> 4th of these was called _Security_).
>Yes, thank you, I know that.  That's the *reason* I was making fun of
>Stephen Golding listing "Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel" in his top
>ten list, it was ambiguous for exactly that reason.
>
>I said:
>> Uh, am I the only one who finds this slightly ambiguous??
>
>You say:
>> Probably
>
>Why, did *you* know which of the four albums was being referred to?

Hmmm... You all seem to be confused. Stephen copied my DID's that appeared
in PULSE!, and simply forgot to write (Third Album) next to Peter Gabriel, as
Ed very scholastically did. Now if someone can explain what the (Mercury) they
put next to Third Album means, I'll be satisfied. I have PG III on a Canadian
LP and I remember it being a Charisma release...

Angelos
|'My ears have parasites'-hApPy RhOdEs|