Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Graham Roger Dombkins <graham@cs.uow.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 21:32:05 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: graham@cs.uow.edu.au (Graham Roger Dombkins)
Subject: Re: has anyone ... ?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 91 05:32:01 GMT

henrik@echelon.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) writes:

>.. ever translated the lyrics from Enya's last album into English?

>I'm in love with a bunch of songs I can't understand (since I speak neither
>Gaelic nor Latin) and am curious...

>Yeah, yeah, I know this isn't exactly about Kate Bush, but, you must
>admit, it is a sight closer (being about music at least) than much
>of the recent hoo-ha.

Hi larry,

	I've be a Celtic/Folk music fan for many, many years now. My sister is
also a very big follower of this style and at one time we both decided that we
would find a Galic (sp?) language teacher (they exist! :) Well anyway my sister
was more dedicated then I at this and actually went and bought a Galic dicionary
to get hereself started. The first thing she did was to check up on a few of
Enyas songs. I'll hassle her and find out if she still has the translations,
they were beautiful...

- Graham